Monday, May 25, 2009

Pre Operative Diet: Not So Bad! But I Want A Hamburger


Crystal Light. Lots and lots of Crystal Light!


So I'm on Day 3 of the Pre Operative Diet for the Realize Lap Band. Sounds so official! So far, I've eaten blended soups (sort of like soup pudding), Cream of Wheat, pudding pudding, gallons of water with Crystal Light (can you eat water?), yogurt, and some protein supplements. Here's a report:

  • Blended soup isn't all that bad if you just dive in and try not to think too much about it.
  • Cream of Wheat keeps me satisfied longer than anything.
  • Now we come to protein supplements... yuck. I don't like what I bought, which is a chocolate shake kind of thing. Don't like it, not at all. So I made it up and then added some chocolate milk, which made it better.
Oh My God, I'll Never Have Dinner With My Family Again!

Then I jumped on the computer and found a GREAT site. Bariatric Eating. This site is fabulous and made me feel infinitely better about my future as a wife and mother with a lap band. There's a large section of yummy looking recipes for your stage 5 eating pleasure. It thrilled me to think that I might be able to continue to cook for and eat with my family, and as I said, lots of the food looks delicious. I've been sitting around mourning the loss of the family meals, but this site makes me hopeful that we'll all be sitting down to eat together in a short time. So that was a great relief. Check out the site, and be sure to look at the products they have for sale, most of which aren't easily available. Then look at the recipes, and advice. Very encouraging!

I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, I was telling a friend about all my pregnancy woes. She said, "Being pregnant is a blip on the radar of your marriage. It goes so fast, you'll hardly remember it." Well, I DO remember it, but I know what she meant. I'm hoping the lap band experience will be similar, in that when I look back on these six or eight weeks of extreme dieting the memory will be fuzzy. Very fuzzy, I hope. Cause I'm hungry right now. Time for more soup pudding!
View blog reactions

1 comment:

Laura Roach Dragon said...

Glad it's going well. I'm so jealous of people who can get this done. I hope it's all you want it to be.