Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Moment of Truth: I Get My First Fill


No Big Deal!

I had the fill today, and guess what? It was nuthin'! First the very cute doctor explained what he was going to do while I eyed the needle. He told me that he was not going to numb my abdomen, because that hurt as much as the fill. Which, in the end, really didn't hurt.

I don't recommend looking while the needle goes in, because it is not a tiny needle. But it doesn't hurt much at all. Pretty much one pinch. Then he had to guide it into the middle of the port, which did not hurt, though it seems like it should and looks like it should. Then it was over. It literally took about 5 minutes from start to finish. He said he put 2ccs into the band. Just a tiny bit, really. He congratulated me on my weight loss and that was it. 

If the fill is worrying you, it shouldn't. I have to say that so far, there hasn't been much of a problem with anything related to the band. I don't really notice that it is more restricted. I'm eating fine, nothing is making me sick. Tomorrow, I'll give you some more recipes.
View blog reactions

No comments: