Monday, June 29, 2009

The Realize Lapband: Making a Choice


Why the Realize Band


If you are considering banding, you'll have a choice between the Lap Band and the Realize Band. After much waffling, I chose the Realize Band. I think its a big part of the reason that I'm not one of those poor people who are out there throwing up all the time.


The Realize Band is structurally different from the original Lap Band, with a narrower band and a softer material to hold the saline solution that adjusts the tightness of the band.

Food gets stuck quite a lot less with the Realize Band. I have been able to eat steak, (yum!), bread (most people have trouble with this) and other "problem foods," no problem! Also, my restriction before the first fill was good enough that I lost over 17 pounds in the first month. Now, less than a week after that fill, I have lost a total of 23 pounds. I'm not hungry, I'm not throwing up, and I feel great. My surgery scars are very small, except for the one where the port was placed, and I'm thrilled with the results so far.

If you are in the process of choosing a band, go to the Realize Band web page and learn about the innovations they bring to the band. I think you'll be glad you did.
View blog reactions

No comments: